Monday, March 10, 2008

Nice To See She Has Moved On

I have just learned that my first celebrity crush is now married and just gave birth to her first child. Now while most boys my age had the Pamela Anderson, Carmen Electra, Jenny McCarthy crushes, I went for someone not as well known and much more my age. It happened during the summer of 1996 and the Atlanta Olympics. My first crush was Dominique Moceanu.

Now most people may have thought it was funny or cute, but looking back on the “crush” it was more like psychotic. I should really question the friendship of anyone who let me do the things I did during this phase of my life. I hope I was at least able to entertain everyone who watched from a distance as this “crush” developed.

It all started while reading the Sports Illustrated Summer Olympic preview while riding to the Outer Banks with my second family, the Ingrams. I saw a picture of and fell in love, or something like that. I then proceeded to cut out and collect every picture I could obtain of her, eventually creating a shrine on my bedroom wall. It didn’t stop there, I wrote her fans letters, bought her book (even read it), went to see the touring gymnastics show at the Civic Arena and dragged my best friends Ross with me (talk about a good friend) and I even asked her to my schools homecoming dance. This whole thing lasted for about 6-8 months before I called it off.

It obviously didn’t work out for the two of us and we decided to go our separate ways, which is why it was nice to see that she has moved on in her life and has started a family. Congratulations Dominique!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kev, I think you could take him!