Friday, August 1, 2008

2008 COLLEGE FOOTBALL PREVIEW Day 1

A MONTH LONG COLLEGE FOOTBALL PREVIEW

Here at The Rant, we know how to do important things right, which is why we are dedicating the entire month of August to college football. Nothing about the MLB trade deadline (I love the Pirates moves!!) and nothing about the Steelers (that will probably continue through the rest of this blogs existence).

So first things first, let’s look back on how I did last year with my preview, because why would you want a preview from someone who doesn’t know jack about what they are talking about.

MY PRESEASON TOP 10:
1. USC – finished #2 in AP
2. LSU – finished #1
3. WVU – finished #6
4. Texas – finished #10
5. Florida – finished #16
6. Wisconsin – finished #21
7. Oklahoma – finished #8
8. Michigan – finished #19
9. Cal – finished unranked
10. Louisville – finished unranked

THE ACTUAL AP FINAL RANKINGS:
1. LSU – my #2
2. USC – my #1
3. Georgia – my #13
4. tOSU – my #14
5. Missouri – my #17 (pretty good for a team most thought came from no-where)
6. WVU – my #3
7. Kansas – not ranked in mine or ANY other preseason Top 25
8. Oklahoma – my #7
9. Virginia Tech – my #11
10. Texas – my #4

I also predicted 5 of the 6 conference champions correct, only missing on the Big Ten.

All in all I think I did pretty damn good last year and I look to improve upon it this year. So keep checking back every day this month for another college football preview and update.

Tomorrow:
RANKING THE CONFERENCES FOR THE UPCOMING SEASON


ONLY 29 MORE DAYS UNTIL THE 1st SATURDAY OF THE SEASON!!!!

No comments: