Thursday, October 30, 2008

My New Favorite NFL Coach

About 20 months ago the Steelers were looking for a new head football coach and plenty of names were being thrown around. One that I liked the sound of because of his fiery style of play when he was a player was Mike Singletary. I don't think that he even got an interview from the Rooney's before they hired Mike Tomlin. So far, I have no complaints about Tomlin, but how much fun would have been to get to cover Singletary?

In one weeks time since taking over as interim head coach for the San Fran 49ers he has made a bold statement. Such bold statements that he is either digging his own grave or working on nixing that "interim" tag before his title. In his first game he benched the teams former 6th overall pick, TE Vernon Davis then completely belittled him to the media.

Now there are reports that Singletary apparently dropped his pants during his halftime speech to the team while talking about what an embarrassment they are. All this in like 5 days on the job.

I like Coach Tomlin, but given the choice of sitting through one Mike's press conference or the others, Singletary wins every time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought there were going to be no NFL Rants this season!

The Reitmeyer Rant said...

Damm, I forgot about that! I promise no more, but honestly that was to good to pass up.