Friday, November 6, 2009

RANDOM RANTING

REASONS I HATE THE YANKEES
As much as I respect the Yankees and their organization I cannot stand them. I love that they give their fans value for what they pay for, unlike the baseball owners in Pittsburgh. I love the fact that they want to win, again unlike the baseball owners in Pittsburgh. Basically I love the fact that they are a complete 180 from everything the Pirates do from an operations stand point. Despite all of that, I still can’t stand their huge egos. I can’t stand how they throw around money. I can’t stand pretty much every player on the team. I didn’t mind George Steinbrenner, but I can’t stand his idiot son Hank. And I can’t stand their fans.

As I mentioned, I like the fact that the Yankees spend money and put a competitive team on the field, but I don’t like how they spend so much money that it is not competitive for the rest of the teams. The Yankees spent over $201M this season, which is $66M more than any other team in baseball. There were seven teams to not spend $65M this season, and that is the difference in spending between the Yankees and the second highest paid team. I don’t mind them being the highest paid team every year, but how about making it competitive and stay in the same ballpark as the other teams.

On to the people that represent the team, the faces of the organization. You have loud mouth son of the owner, Hank Steinbrenner. The most overrated SS of all time in Derek Jeter. Two guys that as recently as this off-season where under the microscope due to past drug problems with A-Roid, Andy Pettitte (wonder if he juiced between WS starts. Last time he pitched on 3 days rest was 6 years ago, he may have been looking for his body to recover quicker.) Finally you have the only two guys on the team that seem to be good guys, Jorge Posada and Mariano Rivera.

Among all of the annoying things about the Yankees, which include their obnoxious fans, this is by far the worst, the Jeter Fist Pump!

What is that stupid little fist pump he does? It is like nothing I’ve seen before. It isn’t even a real fist pump; never does he actually pump his fist. Instead he holds his hand in a fist up by his ear then snaps it downward like he is try to get something off his hand, then he pulls it back up to his head and holds that pose for the cameras.

STAY CLASSY STATE COLLEGE
In this portion I my Rant I will bash Penn State. There are a few things that have happened this week that kind of have me irked and I wanted to air it out a little. First of all, as many of you have read before, in my opinion there is not a better atmosphere to take in a college football game than at night at Beaver Stadium during a white-out. That being said, I am growing tired of the white-out. It should be done maybe once a year for big games only. It shouldn’t be EVERY GAME like the student section at Penn State likes to make it.

While we are on the subject of the White-Out’s at Penn State, let’s talk about the shirt that was to be sold and used for this week’s game, which of course is another white-out. I understand that in any sporting event, especially college ones, fans will harass the opposing teams star player, but how about when the university does the harassing? That is what Penn State was about to do this week, before they wised up and changed their minds. Here is the shirt that was designed and okayed by the university and was set to go on sale at the university bookstores today, before the university pulled them off the racks.


The shirt was created by the Penn State Marketing Association. What tops it off is the apology that the PSMA’s chief executive director released regarding the shirt. He said, “We did not intend for this shirt to offend Terrelle Pryor, The Ohio State University, or Penn State Athletics, and we apologize for any offense it caused.” REALLY? You didn’t intend to offend anyone by using that design on a t-shirt? You mean to tell me that you were not specifically trying to offend Terrelle Pryor, a kid that the university tried as hard as anyone to recruit to no avail? Yeah, sure!
I hope that he has a career day and the Ohio State beats the Nits by 40. I realize that will probably not happen, but one can dream!

1 comment:

Scab said...

An A-BOMB! For A-Rod!
Quit your bitching. The Yankees do it right. Class act with class fans. Unlike the "Red Sox Nation," the most obnoxious organization and fans in professional sports. The only bandwagon bigger than the one that rolls up to the North Shore of the Ohio River every Sunday. (Don't get me wrong, as a born Yinzer, they are my team, but the fact that they are also Snoop Dog's team pisses me off)

Until the Nutting family is out of baseball, the New York Yankees are my team. Fortunately or un, I am old enough to Remember the '79 Buccos.... I wonder if Kent Tekulve ever got his hat back?????

Until there is another Bill Madlock on the hot corner, Pop 180 feet away, a double play combo of Foli and Garner, Big Dave roaming right, Omar and Bill Robinson shagging fly balls with Ed Ott calling it.......... What am I talking "until?" Won't happen with Nutjob and Selig.