Friday, October 3, 2008

Weekly Thoughts and Predictions

Wild Wild Week

Last week the college football world realized that last year was NOT a fluke, and the parody in the game is more then ever. After last seasons crazy run of #2 teams losing, go figure that #2 is the only team in the Top 4 to win last week.

Alabama probably made the most noise but thumping Georgia in Athens then moving all the way up to #2 in this weeks rankings. But really, I think Georgia was kind of overrated, so this game didn’t surprise me at all (check out my UPSET SPECIAL last week). The games that did surprise me were Ole Miss beating Florida in the Swamp and last night Pitt beating South Florida in Tampa.

Anyone that believes, with 100% certainty that they can predict a college football season needs to be sent away. There is just no way of telling what will happen next. Will Vanderbilt beat Auburn this week and start 3-0 in SEC play? Was last week the coming out party for RichRod in Michigan, should Illinois be worried on Saturday? Will UCONN lose for the first time leaving just the Big Ten (2 teams), the Big XII (5) and the SEC (4) as the only BCS conferences with undefeated teams? Will USC bounce back, or will they lose to an Oregon school two weeks in a row? Is Terrelle Pryor ready to lead a team into Camp Randall?

I wish I could answer these questions, but I can’t nobody can, and that is why college football is so much fun.

THIS WEEKS PICKS:
4-1 last week, with yet ANOTHER one of my Upset picks hitting. For the season I am 18-6!

Florida State WINS @ Miami
Missouri POUNDS Nebraska in Lincoln for their first win there in 30 years.
Wisconsin upsets tOSU at Camp Randall
Oregon keeps it close, but USC WINS against the Ducks

UPSET SPECIAL:
Although technically both Florida State and Wisconsin would be upset picks, but I’m feeling extra generous today and I’ll give you a third upset pick of the week. I like Arizona State to go to Berkeley and upset the Cal Bears.


ENJOY YOUR FOOTBALL THIS WEEKEND!!!

No comments: